Tuesday 17 April 2012

QUESTION 6 -What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product ?

what did my group get out of using these products?


  DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA


During filming i learnt a lot about the functions of a digital camera. A HD camera proved to be very beneficial whilst filming, it was small and light which gave us more control over our filming, enabling us to carry it sufficiently to various locations for filming. Digital cameras are much cheaper, so it was within our price range of filming. Digital cameras being so small and sufficient allowed us to travel to different locations easily. Our film is filmed in the night, which proved a real issue with the quality of lighting, however Digital Cameras respond really well to a small light source, enabling our shots to be clear and visible. Another advantage of the small HD camera is that you only need one person to be filming, whereas with a larger camera you would need two or three people to manage the camera. yet a great disadvantage was being so small, all of the buttons and controls were very small,and fiddily which became and complicated at times.

APPLE MAC
Having an imac at home, i only used it for the basic internet and Microsoft word,Yet working with an imac to produce a film I learnt a lot more about the different features that come with an apple mac, for example, how to "grab screen".






ADDITIONAL TECHNOLOGIES:




I learnt how to upload my powerpoint presentations onto slide share, and then get the embed code which will then allow me to upload my presentation onto my blog.





IMOVIE : this program taught me how to edit and put together our movie. Through the process of using this program I learnt how to speed up and slow down different clips, and adding additional writing on top of clips. I also learnt how to change the coloring of certain clips into black and white, and how to merge two different clips together smoothly and effectively. Using Imovie i learnt how to add images from google, and place them within my movie.



BLOGGER:

I learnt how to create a personal blog which i was then able to upload and embed all my information in a variety of formats in order to make my blog as interesting as possible, and keep everyone up to date with the processes we was taking to create our opening sequence.





YOUTUBE: By creating a youtube account it allowed me to gain the knowledge of posting videos online in order to gain feedback. However, the problem with youtube is the people watching and giving feedback on your film, may not be within you target audience, making you feedback unreliable..

No comments:

Post a Comment